When did the world become such a cruel, nasty place to live in? When did people stop caring about each other and become so self involved?
The world needs a lot more kindness in it and I for one tend to put some back into the world.
So this is my list of Random Acts of Kindness which I hope to tick a lot off by the end of the year:
Send an anonymous card to someone to wish them a good day
- Leave nice messages behind public toilet doors
Let someone go in front of you in the checkout line
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive through
- Leave a bunch of flowers on a strangers door step
- Bake cupcakes & give them out to strangers
- Give a scratchie or lotto ticket to a stranger
Leave a note with my compliments to the chef in a restaurant
- Write a nice letter to someone
- Leave some money in a vending machine with a note stuck on the front for the next person “your snack is on me, have a nice day-this is a random act of kindness”
Say hello to people you pass on the street
- Work a shift for meals on wheels
Offer to tutor someone
- Spend some time with someone in a nursing home
Offer your seat to someone on public transport
- Take flowers to the hospital & give them to someone who looks lonely
Teach an elderly person how to use the latest technology
- Donate blood
Obviously my actions alone aren’t going to change the way the world thinks or operates, but they will at least make a few people feel special and know that there are some people out there who do still care.
And what do I get in return? The feeling that I’ve at least helped those that I can. I might be the minority, but together we can be the majority.